M/A-Com OpenSky P800 & P801

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
mrk

M/A-Com OpenSky P800 & P801

Post by mrk »

As we already know, these are Kenwood radios with a M/A-Com / OpenSky label slapped on. I have a few TK-190's and they're great radios, so I would assume the P80x radio is similar in many ways, albeit, inside they are very different. I was trying to find out some more information on these radios and ran across an interesting discovery. They are not listed as supported radios in either RPM nor ProGrammer. So, how do you program them? Did Kenwood right flash and programming software for M/A-Com specifically for these two radios? Does M/A-Com have a third software program for them? Do they use the KPG-36 cable to interface, or does M/A-Com have a cable that plugs into the TQ-3370?

Other than the standard Kenwood accesories (with an OpenSky label applied) listed in the M/A-Com accessory guide, and the data sheet, I could not find much info on these two radios. Not even a .PDF users manual.