GE Delta VHF

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
kc2hfq

GE Delta VHF

Post by kc2hfq »

Hello Info guys

I have a GE Delta vhf 110watt radio that I had the 2212 programed and the radio tuned. I want to use the radio for Ham radio packet use. The radio RX's just fine but the TX does not. I have tried several known good TNC's. I have one packet user that can connect to the packet node but there is nobody else. It is like the TX is off just a hair? There is no channel guard. comb N3HH1N110TA serial 5093784-S Any help would be great.

Thank You
Dave
jim202

Re: GE Delta VHF

Post by jim202 »

This is kind of an old post to be replying to, but figured I would try as no one else has.

First of all, if you have the 2212 EEPROM, then you have a Delta-S and not a Delta. Big difference between the 2 radios.

Second, if your having problems with the TNC on TX, I would guess that your TX deviation is not correct. More likely, the TX deviation is too hot and your distorting the audio tones.
Turn down the TX modulation pot in the TNC and see if it doesn't work better.

Jim