GE Delta hook up

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
k9dzdmonte

GE Delta hook up

Post by k9dzdmonte »

Hi I recently aquired a GE delta,,id had thes before and they work quite well,,
its been sveral years though,,and I am looking for hints as to hooking this thing up,
i wired the positive and ground from the main plug
If i remember correctly,theres also another power connetion on the same plug
as the speaker,,,yellow and black I think,,,
I have applied power o tothe the red and black going to the unit,and the fused yellow and the black going to the control head
im using a s990 head
anyway the yellow wire is fused,
also it has the mic connector,,,
with these connections made,,i still can not get it to power up?
its been about 6 years since i played with one of these
any help will be appreciated,,,
Monte Keller K9DZD
mike m

Re: GE Delta hook up

Post by mike m »

There are 2 ground pins on the bottom row of the power/speaker molex connector that has 10 possible pins on it, even though all of the pins aren't used.

It sounds like you are missing one of the 2 ground leads that are on the bottom row that has 10 possible pins, even though only 4 are filled.

looking at the rear of the dual row 19 pin power connector from the wire end, on the top row with 9 pin, the left most pin is a speaker pin, the 8th pin to the right, which should be a red wire is + 13 volts, there are only 2 pins/wires used on this top row in a regular configuration.

On the bottom row of 10 possible pins, but only 4 pins/wires are filled/used, the left most pin is a ground pin, moving right to the 5th pin this is also a ground pin.

The next pin the 6th one to the right is a yellow wire and it is a switched 13 volts and finally moving to the 9th pin to the right, this is the other speaker lead.

Mike