Most current version of RPM?

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
radioinstl

Most current version of RPM?

Post by radioinstl »

what is the most current version of RPM? I have R03A08. Just got a codeplug that is too new for it. What do I need to get?
Meatball

Re: Most current version of RPM?

Post by Meatball »

The latest version that I know of is R4B so you're one version behind. R03A08 is good up to flash group 15 (M7100/P7100), but anything newer than that and you'll need R4B.

I don't think Harris has come out with R5 yet.
Alex
Site Administrator

Post by Alex »

What version will work for a 7200P? Do you need 4?
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

I'll check when I get back from Dayton Hamvention. :)
CqDx

Post by CqDx »

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but does RPM has to be purchased from Harris or can it be purchased through dealers?
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

CqDx wrote:Not meaning to hijack the thread, but does RPM has to be purchased from Harris or can it be purchased through dealers?
Yes, you can buy it through Harris dealers.

I believe it's about $400 for conventional RPM v5 (and you get ProGrammer 20 for the older stuff with that)

Don't even ask about the EDACS capable version, though.
Last edited by Meatball on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

Alex wrote:What version will work for a 7200P? Do you need 4?

If it's like any other Macom/Harris radio, it depends on the firmware. V3 worked up to v15 on the M7100, but you need v4 for flash codes above that. Likewise with the 7200P.

If you've got older firmware than v15, for whatever reason, you can program that with v1, v2, or v3. It wasn't until v4 that they actually wrote the routine into the software that prevented it to writing to newer flash (which they did with v4). I had a new M7100 out of the box and tried to program it with v4, but I got the "codeplug is too new" error. Harris TAC told me to try it with an older version (2) and it worked.

Weird.

(EDACS....Expensive Devices and Crappy Software)
N3AAG

Post by N3AAG »

Anybody have ideas how to get previous version of RPM? I need RPM V3, V4 or V5. I do have CD from Tyco (?), but it's corrupted and non-recoverable. Harris don't want to send older versions of RPM and asks for $2k or somehing for most current RPM. But I have license which valid for V3-V5 (I hope) and need only safe distribitive. Any way to get it?
Last edited by N3AAG on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
Site Administrator

Post by Alex »

Well, you can always bother the PSPC Tac people and see where you get. The problem with Harris is that they don't want to talk to you unless you have a customer number. No customer number, no help. When you buy the software there is an option to add on the upgrades to that software. If you do not do that to start with you can not get upgrades.

Good luck getting the old versions from Harris... if 2/3/4/5 was pre-harris there may not be many Tyco people around to say oh here it is....
N3AAG

Post by N3AAG »

Ok, thanks for reply. Harris don't want to help. Dealer does not accpept license file and want to start over.
Last edited by N3AAG on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

The latest version of RPM that I am aware of is R8A. This adds the functionality to program the XG-100P and other Unity multiband radios. Unfortunately, Harris won't even give upgrades to people who have legitimately bought RPM before. I work for a state agency now (I previously worked for a private radio shop) and they won't give us upgrades either. At least Motorola will give you two or three years of upgrades on legitimately purchased CPS, but Harris doesn't seem to operate the same way.