Monitoring EDACS

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
bezking

Monitoring EDACS

Post by bezking »

Hi all,

There is an 800 EDACS system in my area that comes in poorly on my scanners. If I were to buy this, would I be able to safely monitor?

Also, I understand that I need special EDACS programming software. I also understand that this is incredibly expensive. Would I even be able to obtain it? How much is it?

Thanks!
Alex
Site Administrator

Re: Monitoring EDACS

Post by Alex »

The 700p can use programmer 16/18..... The 7200 series you need the new fancy pants software for.

Someone who knows EDACS can chime in with the safety feature of being able to monitor... Providing the system is not an ESK system (where they are essentially encrypting the control channel) I believe you can just check the read only box and you are good. But again, guessing and knowing are two different things.

-Alex
bezking

Post by bezking »

Hi Alex,

The system is not ESK or ProVoice, it is a single-site analog Simulcast system. How easy is it to obtain ProGrammer? I had someone on RR quote me $10,000 for the EDACS-capable software... *sigh*

thx,
Ben
Alex
Site Administrator

Post by Alex »

bezking wrote:Hi Alex,

The system is not ESK or ProVoice, it is a single-site analog Simulcast system. How easy is it to obtain ProGrammer? I had someone on RR quote me $10,000 for the EDACS-capable software... *sigh*

thx,
Ben
No Clue.

It's not 10k. I don't think so.

-Alex
RadioLid

Post by RadioLid »

Why do you need Programmer? We can read and send commands to the radio's without Programmer or RPM. We may have some old laptops that have Programmer installed. You will have to puchase the whole thing, PM me if you are interested. I will have to ask my boss and see how much he wants for them. We have 6 I think.

Post by 123 »

I am a Harris Reseller and have the officially licensed RPM R06B07 {6.2.1.7}

If you want it done right, PM me.
K5TYN

Post by K5TYN »

Does anyone know someone that can program my Jaguar 700P in recieve only for a trunk system near me?