Master III Narrowbanding

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
frakertw

Master III Narrowbanding

Post by frakertw »

Can you narrowband a GE Master III base station? It is getting that time where a lot of agencies are looking at their equipment and what needs to be done.
radioman2003

Re: Master III Narrowbanding

Post by radioman2003 »

Old post I know, but since no one answered I give it a go. We have about 200 MIII needing upgrades. The easiest was to determine if you MIII is fully narow bandable is if the modules have a verticle white strip on the front of the module. If your station dosn't have them, you can narrow band the transmitter by reprogramming, but your receiver will still be 25kc wide. I have then taken filters(removed from some water damaged Orions) and replaced the 25kc filters with the 12.5 kc filters and have had decent results.
jimfolmer

Re: Master III Narrowbanding

Post by jimfolmer »

The MASTR-III can be 12.5KHz narrowband in all versions as long as the the System Board is G6 or higher and the receiver IF board is G7, 9 or 11. Pin stipes only indicated the new VCO boards that are not compatible with the non-pin strip boards. MASTR-III's have been dual bandwidth since 1988.