some things we learned programming a ranger

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
firemanbatt

some things we learned programming a ranger

Post by firemanbatt »

Well, after alot of cussing and pulling hair, we finally got our ge Ranger 450 programmed.

Here is what we learned:

YOU MUST USE A NULL MODEM CABLE from the laptop to the tq3330 rib, if you don't know what this is do a search on yahoo, there is a very good pinout of it!. I never ever found anywhere that it told us this. I straight thru 9pin cable wont worK!

tim
Bushton Fire Department
Bushton Kansas
mash4077

WHAT YOU LEARNED

Post by mash4077 »

DID YOU ALSO LEARN HOW NOT TO RETURN CABLE'S AND RIB THAT YOU BORROWED FROM ME, I WAS NICE ENOUGH TO LOAN THEM AND YOU HAVE NOT RETURNED, I ALSO HELPED YOU WITH THE INFO, YOU LEARNED
TO BE UNGRATEFUL, AND YOU NEED TO LEARN TO APPRECIATE PEOPLE
WHO HELPED YOU, DON'T THINK YOU LEARNED ANYTHING--MARK
firemanbatt

Post by firemanbatt »

Mark,

You said that you had another one, so we didn't know that you needed it back right away! I have just traded for another uhf ranger, and are waiting to get it, if we would have known that you needed it back right away it would have got into the mail.

Also, you don't email anyone, you just post ads on here? A site that has been down for a week!
Bushton Fire Department
Bushton Kansas
dish671967

Post by dish671967 »

This issue has nothing to do with firemanbatt, he was only trying to help anyone else on the board that may run into this problem, I was the one who got the rib from mash4077 and I had no intention of trying to keep it, I am sending it back tomorrow. I just wanted to set the record straight here, firemanbatt did nothing wrong.
mash4077

return

Post by mash4077 »

WHY DON'T YOU RETURN THE E-MAIL'S I sent!!! I have all of them on file, will be glad to post them as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try to help someone and this is the way they repay you, Yes I do have another rib, If you had e-mailed me back and not avoided my repeated e-mail's , I might have been willing to work with you, I also only have one cable, that's beside the point!!!!!!!!!!! I don't liked to be dissed!!!!!!!
Prospect62

Post by Prospect62 »

Are we done with the catty garbage for now? Hey firemanbatt, what type of radio are you programming? I am having a terrible time with a GE S825 head. It will not go into program mode. It says "monitor" on the display instead of "program". The mic isn't connected. Any ideas? Thanks.
:beer:
mash4077

Post by mash4077 »

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS GUY PROSPECT, YOU NEED INFO ON THE 825, I HAVE THE PROGRAM MANUAL, IF YOU NEED HELP?
firemanbatt

Post by firemanbatt »

Prospect,

I don't know anything about the 825 head, I have never even seen one! Sorry we can't help

Tim BATT
Bushton Fire Department
Bushton Kansas
radioman1890

Tim is a great guy

Post by radioman1890 »

Mash4077 i do not know what you are talking about, Tim(firemanbatt) is a great and honest man and I know he would not do this. he did not even borrow the rib, Dish... borrowed it as I understand it so I dont want to take sides but Mash4077 you should get your info straight before posting up ads and pissing people off!!!
dish671967

Post by dish671967 »

I have not received any email from mash4077 regarding the return of his rib, the rib has been returned and I refuse to flame this guy, he did do a great favor by letting me use it, however if he did send me emails as he claims he did, I did not get any of them, and my email has been working fine. If flaming me makes him feel better then flame on, may the flame burn on man.
jim202

Post by jim202 »

Prospect62,

Programming the S825 head takes some skill. It has been about 8 years since the last one I programmed. One of the things that comes to mind is that it is confusing. You need to get the software to save all the information that you think you have saved.

I would have to go back and try to find the software to rekindle the old gray matter. Not even sure where my programming cable is at this point. You do need to have the mic hung up in the hook switch while programming the head.

If I remember correctly, you also need to remove the head from the radio while trying to program it. This can be done by just pulling the control cable from the front of the radio.

Not sure this helps you much.

Jim
mash4077

LAST COMMENT- I PROMISE!!!!

Post by mash4077 »

TIM : I SENT THE CABLE AND RIB TO YOU.... I RECIEVED THEM BACK TODAY . I AM VERY SORRY THING'S ENDED THIS WAY. I DO NOT WANT OR NEED THE MONEY OR CABLE, I ALSO WOULD HAVE LET YOU USE THE CABLE AND RIB LONGER IF YOU HAD REQUESTED, I HAVE THE E-MAIL'S SAVED IF YOU EVER CARE TO VIEW THEM? ALSO DID NOT WANT TO GO TO THIS EXTREME TO GET THEM BACK, I AM NOT AWARE ANYONE ELSE
RECIEVED THESE CABLE'S? IF SO WHO? THE ADDY YOU GAVE ME WAS FOR
YOURSELF? I ALSO RESPECT THE WAY YOU SHIPPED THEM BACK...VERY COOL...I ALSO HOLD NO ILL WILL TOWARD ANYONE INVOLVED IN THIS
DEBACLE...IF I OWE YOU ANYTHING FOR SHIPPING THEM BACK,SEND THE AMOUNT AND I WILL BE GLAD TO REIMBURSE YOU? ALSO I WAS GLAD I COULD HELP OUT,THAT'S ALL I WANTED TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE SINCERLEY--MASH4077
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

Can I ask a silly question?

Why couldn't this problem have been dealt with in a PM or 2 to keep from dragging someone's dirty laundry into a public forum?

Just my 2 cents :ignore:
JAYMZ
firemanbatt

Post by firemanbatt »

AMEN! :angel: :gojerry: :eeek:
Bushton Fire Department
Bushton Kansas