In-cabinet repeat, Mastr 3

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
kb4mdz

In-cabinet repeat, Mastr 3

Post by kb4mdz »

I've been looking for a couple weeks now, but can't seem to find anything on setting up 'Fall-back In cabinet Repeat' for a GE/MA-COM Mastr 3 repeater;

I know I've done it before, but it is eluding me right now;

Basically,what I'm looking for is: When a Mastr3 is set up for Voting Tone output to the RX audio pair, to a comparator/voter, and if it unsquelches, there is a timer, that if the station doesn't get a keying sequence back from the comparator within a certain window, (maybe 50 ms?), it automatically does an in-cabinet repeat.

Moto calls is "Fall-back In Cabinet Repeat", I think I remember GE just calling it In-cabinet Repeat. Name doesn't really matter.

Any clues out here?
PhaseLockedLunatic

Re: In-cabinet repeat, Mastr 3

Post by PhaseLockedLunatic »

Did you ever find notes on this? I'm in need of the info as well. I believe that it had to do with configuration of the PTT priorities and such.
chukkerlukker

Post by chukkerlukker »

Yes, I found it. Now, for the life of me, I can't remember how I got to it; I think it had something to do when you go into 'Remote' tab, and select the voting tone, etc, etc.
jsikora

Post by jsikora »

looking for this info or any info on making a MIII repeat in the cabinet. I toggle thru the repeater tab in options and only get none or back-to-back repeat options ?
can ya hear me now...
kb4mdz

Post by kb4mdz »

Finally found it!

Accessible in MASTRUTL program, under Programmable Timers, named "Repeat Delay" and mine defaulted to value of 20. (1= 10ms, so 20 = 200ms.)

Help screen:

"Repeat Delay: Delay between the time RUS is detected and the audio is repeated. This delay is used mostly in voting systems to give the voter time to do a remote PTT.

This field will only work if Repeat Delay is enabled. Repeat Delay is usually only enabled in Simulcast and voting systems

etc. etc."