Orion remote to dash mount

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
R F Burns

Orion remote to dash mount

Post by R F Burns »

It is possible to convert an Orion remote mount (D2HHCX) to a dash mount by attaching a KRY1011632/13 Orion control head using a P2 flex to the internal socket (J2) in the radio? Would any programming changes be needed?

Thanks in advance,
JC
R F Burns

Re: Orion remote to dash mount

Post by R F Burns »

Well, to anwser my own question: I tried connecting the head to the radio with the flex cable and programming the remote mount Orion for dual head operation. Didn't work for me. Made up a DB37 (rear of radio connector) to DB25 (rear of control unit connector) cable with ribbon cable and IDC connectors, instead. This worked. Not exactly what I had hoped for, but it's a workaround that is acceptable.

-Burns
Prospect63

Re: Orion remote to dash mount

Post by Prospect63 »

Not sure what you did, but it does work. Simple, and yes all it does involve is attaching the control head via the "ribbon cable" to the socket. I just did this with two Orions yesterday, didn't have to make any programming changes at all. Used the same personality from a remote Orion to program the newly created dash mount (well, I changed the LID of course).
I used to be Prospect62