Orion Programming problem!

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
2wayguru

Orion Programming problem!

Post by 2wayguru »

I have a orion that I having problems trying to read or program. I built the programming cable from the hallelectronics web site and for some reason it is not working, I thought maybe the computer was too fast but it worked fine for my MPA software. The computer I am using to program the radio with is a 486-25. I get a no response from radio error. I have double checked the pinouts and they seem to be correct. I am assuming that the end connector is for the rib and that it is a db25 connector. I would like to know if I am missing something. I have heard of a programming cable that is ribless. If so anyone have the schematic for it? Any help would be apreciated. Ohh and another thing, anyone have the windows version for the orion?
Glen W Christen

Orion

Post by Glen W Christen »

How was it last programmed? Some versions of Programmer are not reverse compatible.
2wayguru

Post by 2wayguru »

I used the dos version I dont have the programmer software...
Hanksterizer

Re: Orion Programming problem!

Post by Hanksterizer »

Did you resolve your problem? I have the same issue with a low band, I built the cable, verified the pinouts, the hardware works with my MDX, MPA, PCS, and a few other radios, but this radio doesn't respond before the software times out using the 35plus4 DOS s/w...Just got this radio as my 1st Orion and found your post and wondered what resolution you came up with..=Hank=
radiotwo

Post by radiotwo »

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM HERE ALSO. ANY NEW INFO ON PROGRAMMING THE ORIONS YET?
radiotwo

Post by radiotwo »

radiotwo wrote:I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM HERE ALSO. ANY NEW INFO ON PROGRAMMING THE ORIONS YET?
FOUND OUT THAT THE DB 25 IS WRONG