EDACS 500M Conventional?

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
R F Burns

EDACS 500M Conventional?

Post by R F Burns »

Quick question...

I know the 800MHz EDACS 500M can do 16 EDACS systems/groups, but can it do conventional repeat and direct as well... and how many conventional channels is it capable of (if it is capable)?

TIA,
-Burnsy
MSS-Dave

Re: EDACS 500M Conventional?

Post by MSS-Dave »

R F Burns wrote:Quick question...

I know the 800MHz EDACS 500M can do 16 EDACS systems/groups, but can it do conventional repeat and direct as well... and how many conventional channels is it capable of (if it is capable)?

TIA,
-Burnsy
I used 900 MHz M500 in my company system. Each conventional set could do 128 channels but I don't remember how many channel sets you could put there and if it reduced the number of channels per set. I was just playing with my old Programmer Ver 8 and it seems I could add to the 2 sets already there. Put 8 sets there and it still gave me the option to add 128 channels per set but I can't verify it actually works because I don't have any M500 anymore. I only had 2 channel sets with 16 channels each in my system along with 4 EDACS systems with 12 talkgroups each. Can't think the 800 radio would be much different unless I missed something. You can do repeat, direct, split PL tones, etc.

Dave
R F Burns

Re: EDACS 500M Conventional?

Post by R F Burns »

Thanks for the reply, Dave.

I received the 800MHz EDACS 500M's, powered them up on the dummy load and service monitor, and found they had several conventional simplex channels already programmed in them. So, now I know they'll do conventional. Next is to make a programming cable and see home many total conventional channels they'll accept.

-Burns