GE Rangr 820 control scan head

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
PantherP71

GE Rangr 820 control scan head

Post by PantherP71 »

Okay I have a question. But I must first ask not to be yelled at or whatsoever for what I am doing since it is not in relation to Two Way communication, that being said; I have a GE Rangr 820 scan control head and I want to know the pin out of it so I can wire it to power and use the buttons on it to provide functions for my Federal Signal PA500 siren amp and lights. Now I know this is possible since almost anything is possible now, so I am looking for any help that anyone is willing to give. No hate please I am new to this. Thank you.
Prospect63

Re: GE Rangr 820 control scan head

Post by Prospect63 »

That's a good question. There was a time a few years ago where I thought I knew just about all the ins and outs of the Rangr and S825 control head, but I never looked into powering any accessories with it (because it wasn't going into an emergency vehicle).

If you have the S820, which is the basic model with fewer, yet larger, buttons then you don't have dedicated buttons for light and siren. The S825 is the "system" model with the numerous light and siren buttons.

Best advice I can give you is to search "S825", "S810", "S815" and "S820" in these pages and see what you learn. I don't think you'll find anywhere else on the 'net that still talks about these beautiful instruments.
I used to be Prospect62
n_zero_ndp

Re: GE Rangr 820 control scan head

Post by n_zero_ndp »

Here is the pinout for "J5" as it is the connector that
has the outputs for lights and siren...

These images come from LBI-38244G and if anyone
needs them they can just comment here and I can
email you a PDF of it...