PRC127 (alias LPI series)

This forum is created for the discussion of Bendix King Radios.

Moderator: mancow

Boomer740

PRC127 (alias LPI series)

Post by Boomer740 »

I'm not real knowledgeable about BK radios. I have a set of four of the PRC127 military issue VHF HTs complete with programming cable and the field programming module, but no real info to work from. Anyone know where I might find some service documentation on line or in print? Is BK / Relm weird about software like Motherola is? Is software for these old radios available anywhere?

Thanks for any help or direction,

Paul
ka7wnf

Re: PRC127 (alias LPI series)

Post by ka7wnf »

http://www.repeater-builder.com/bendix- ... index.html

This page has dozens of links that should get you to everything you need.
Boomer740

Post by Boomer740 »

I had already been to RBTIPs page, and some of the links were helpful. Sadly, the links to the Communications Repair Depot (wildlandradios.com) do not seem to work any more. I think I have some of the documentation I need, but I'm still wondering about the software. If asking about software is a bad thing to do at this board I won't push it, though.

Thanks for the lead, just the same.

Paul
ka7wnf

Post by ka7wnf »

I think Craig has gone out of the BK business which would explain the broken links.

Did you try the Yahoo BK group?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BK_radio/
kens

Post by kens »

PRC127's should not need programming software. Press and hold the F key until the display says "ch 0". Enter the channel # you want to program then press F again to cycle through the following. Sequence is rx freq, rx tone, tx freq, tx tone. When done, turn the radio off then on. It should be good to go.
Have fun.
Ken