SOFTWARE - Get it for free right here!

Discussion regarding Tait Equipment. Portables: TP9400 TP9461, TP9100 Mobiles: TM9400 & TM9100. Base stations/Repeaters: TB9400 TB9100 & Transportable. P25 Network: TN9400. DMR: Portables and Mobiles: TP9300 TP9361 TM9300, Base stations: TB9300 TB7300 DMR Networking: NT9300, Fixed Data; TD9300 & MPT1327 equipment.
WA8YXM

Re: SOFTWARE - Get it for free right here!

Post by WA8YXM »

Well I can tell you there is FREE or "Donation ware" software out there for the Kenwood TS-2000 and several other radios as well.

What I can't do is post links but GOOGLE will get you to them in most cases.

For example: There is the Kenwood Memory Manager, This allows you to download the memory contents of the TS-2000, and the menu settings, and store them on your computer so that heaven forbid your radio looses it's mind.. er, memory, you can quickly and easily restore it.. The software is free. Requires a GOOD RS-232 adapter however like the one from RT-Industries.

You get it from.... Kenwood customer support.. Just go to Kenwood's Ham Radio USA page and follow the links.

Ham Radio Delux (Google it) can set up a "Digital dash" for your Radio.. Dozens of makes and models, not just the TS-2000. It comes bundled with Digital Master 780. Which is a PSK/Olivia/RTTY/MFSK/Field Hell and a host of other protocol programs (AFSK and CW) It even does slow scan television.

If I were to list all the features of this program pair I'd be here all day.

But google for it.. I did. Been using it. Like the HRD log program as when I enter a call I've already worked it will bring up the last log entry automatically (Save for the time of contact). It also interfaces on-line with QRZ so if I've QRZed the call from the prior contact I have name, address, beam heading, distance, and comments from the last contact.. All on screen. It reads the frequency from HRD.. Works great.

Again though I don't have a link handy to download it.
cntryboystp

Post by cntryboystp »

Wow, what a bunch of uptite people. There is dozens of sites out there giving software and other information and you people think the world is coming to an end. Ebay has burnt copies of the software for sale an you can almost always find it through a search on the internet for free. So why the reason for concern?
WA8YXM

Post by WA8YXM »

Well.. Since someone specifically ask for a site where you can download the kind of software that is allowed here

http://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com/ That is, of course Ham Radio Delux, also DM-780

Hamscope

YPlog YPLog works with Hamscope, or rahter Hamscope works with YPLog

Digipan Digipan has it's own logger

Ham Radio Delux is a computer "Digital Dash" for many radios, This is one of the best pieces of ham radio software I've ever seen, and it's author is being honored this year at Dayton Hamvention for his work on this and DM-780

HRD can, with a little effort, control nearly every aspect and feature of your radio provided your radio has CAT capabliity (Computer Control ability) My TS-2000 does, Many features of the TS-2000, including tuning, are easier with HRD than with the radio's own front panel.

DM-780, which also has it's own logger, Full name "Digital Master" is a digital communications program, includes BPSK, CW, MFSK, Olivia, Throb, Field Hell, and more...Including one analog mode... SSTV. I suspect it may be expandable but am not sure of that. For some modes (BPSK) it has a "Super browser" This "Super Browser" will monitor over 3KHZ of a band and show you ANY BPSK (or the selected mode) transmission on that band.. Double click on a "Banner" (They show up as banners" (and you are taken to the regular browser with that transmission already displayed and centered.

Digipan, has fewer modes (Way fewer modes) but it's "Multi-Channel" window can follow up to 26 transmissions at one time

HamScope only does one or two at a time, and won't do them automatically, but it has about the nicest interface of any of the digital programs I have.. (But then it's the first one I used so I'm biased toward it) It does still fewer modes.

YP-log is a free logging program, Will interface with selected radios (including the TS-2000) and,,, It can be run "under" Ham Radio Delux (Which is handy the way I do things)

I use (Currently) YpLog for all my PSK contacts, and only for PSK contacts.. That way I can easily spot the mode.

All of this software is either Freeware or Donation ware (Donations appreciated but not required)

And in all cases I've linked to the official download page which should include any and all required licenses either as part of the ZIP file (if it's a ZIP file) or as a separate download link on the page I linked to.

Now. to reply to the last poster: It's not "Uptight" it is DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act"

If links appear here to pages offering Pirate Wares... The owner of this site could get his behind in serious trouble with the Feds. He does not wish to do this.. In another place I'm a moderator and this is one of the things we need to guard against. Let's say someone linked to "My wares page . net" or some such and on this site he had "Unsecured" copies of say MIXW or some such (MIXw is not freeware or donation ware) not a trial copy but a copy that had the security broken.

Well, then our host could be charged with piracy.

(You will note I did not even provide a link to the official site for that software)

Up-thread I mentioned some free software from the manufacturer of my radio (Kenwood) I will not link to that as.. Well, if you have a Kenwood TS-2000 then the URL you need is in your owner's manual.. Same for every other radio with that kind of software (most radios with CAT capability (Either a USB or RS-232 port on the back) have such software, and the owner's manual tells you where to get it

I also recommend to all appliance owners, be it a Ham Radio or a "House" (AM/FM) radio or a refrigerator.. Go to the manufacturer's web site.. Often www. name on the front of the box . com and download the owner's manual

paper gets lost

A properly backed up hard drive (Every week or so) is hard to loose
m1bpt

Post by m1bpt »

As a software engineer , I applaud your response I would like to write open source solutions if the assembler language code was available I would like to see a not for profit alliance as with Microsoft in the MSDNAA. Best 73 Paul M1BPT
Tony Ling

Post by Tony Ling »

Alex wrote:
KE7JFF wrote:I would like to see at least a link to where one can LEGITIMATELY get software if avalible as a post it note.
http://www.motorola.com
http://www.vertexstandard.com/
http://www.icomamerica.com/en/
http://www.harris.com/

etc.

Just google the manufacturers website.........
Also Tait, Simoco and most Chinese manufacturers enjoy the right to distribute their own software for free on their own websites
Elfnetdesigns

Post by Elfnetdesigns »

WA8YXM wrote:
Up-thread I mentioned some free software from the manufacturer of my radio (Kenwood) I will not link to that as.. Well, if you have a Kenwood TS-2000 then the URL you need is in your owner's manual.. Same for every other radio with that kind of software (most radios with CAT capability (Either a USB or RS-232 port on the back) have such software, and the owner's manual tells you where to get it

I also recommend to all appliance owners, be it a Ham Radio or a "House" (AM/FM) radio or a refrigerator.. Go to the manufacturer's web site.. Often www. name on the front of the box . com and download the owner's manual

paper gets lost

A properly backed up hard drive (Every week or so) is hard to loose

There is no way I would run non authentic manufacturers software, 3rd party generic, or homebrew software in my radios or radios I service. So much room for potentially very expensive problems.

Also I do agree with not giving software out for free that is protected. If someone is in the radio business and cannot afford to buy radio service software, interfaces, and cables from their respected manufacturers the that someone has NO BUSINESS in the radio business.
I have invested several thousands of dollars in software, interfaces, cables, manuals, tools, etc. and If I just gave them away for free I would basically be getting the shaft of the deal..
Ham people are the exception since well they are Hams, they are going to reverse engineer everything radio related and build their own versions that works for them, But even still Hams "shouldn't" be pirating protected radio service software either.

Also today radio software for digital public safety type radios and system are very protected and you can find yourself in a pile of legal trouble just for possessing it without authorization.