Several 30 series questions and wanted

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Amateur Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

rwo978

Several 30 series questions and wanted

Post by rwo978 »

Hello all. New here to the board that I didn't even know existed until I posted a "kenwood" post on batlabs and got my hands slapped. I've been using Kenwoods for almost 10 years and prefer them to any other.

Firstly, just got my 730 and 830 today for my dual band setup. I still need several parts to get this going and they are:

kch-4 alpha head with aux key tabs and bracket
kmb-5 deck mount bracket
dyna mic
control cable (12-18 in) to connect UHF deck to VHF deck.
2 power caables forr med power decks. dont need to be long, just mainly looking for the plugs. 12 in wire is fine.
channel upgrade kit

Next, the problems. UHF deck powers up fine. Has KRK-2 connected to it. VHF won't fire, has KRK-4DB on it. The radios came from different places, weren't connected together. Does the VHF deck need to be connected to the other deck to turn on? I also tried the krk-2 on the VHF, wouldn't turn on. Then, put the head directly onto the deck, still wouldn't turn on. Wondering if it's ign sense... how can I tell? Don't want it that way, so how can I fix? Was reading up on w101 and w102..... chips?..... What are these and where are they located?

So far just the VHF power problem, minus not being able to read the UHF with Kenwood factory software.... but i think that's the computer I'm using. And also needing the above parts... have some Motorola Spectra parts to trade. E-mail to rwo978@hotmail.com or PM with answers.
Ryan
KC0MOZ
rwo978@hotmail.com (use this e-mail, not other)
rwo978

Post by rwo978 »

Starting off on the wrong foot, meant to put this in commercial....ooops
Ryan
KC0MOZ
rwo978@hotmail.com (use this e-mail, not other)