TK-730 and TK-830 not Scanning

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

k7bpg

TK-730 and TK-830 not Scanning

Post by k7bpg » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi all,

So I have searched the forum for clues to why my two radios are not scanning. I have both a TK-730 and TK-830 that I have programmed into the ham bands via SP Tune. I am able to add and delete channels from the scan list, I have it set for YES on off hook scan but still it will not allow me to scan when I press the button, and the button is assigned correctly through the programming menu. I am using KPG-7D version 2.01 as well.

Any tips, I see lots of people have had this issue, but not seeing much in the way of resolutions.

Thank you
Brian

breenelectric

Re: TK-730 and TK-830 not Scanning

Post by breenelectric » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:38 am

Brian,

Try grounding the mic hang up clips. Later model Kenwoods provide a ground and a mic hang up signal through the mic cable, but on the X30 series, the clip needs to be grounded.

I hope this helps; let me know if it doesn't and we can dig further into what the problem might be.

JB

Nussbaum

Re: TK-730 and TK-830 not Scanning

Post by Nussbaum » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:32 am

breenelectric wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:38 am
Brian,

Try grounding the mic hang up clips. Later model Kenwoods provide a ground and a mic hang up signal through the mic cable, but on the X30 series, the clip needs to be grounded.

I hope this helps; let me know if it doesn't and we can dig further into what the problem might be.

JB
Yeay, thanks JB that worked for me.