Kenwood TK-762HG Problem!

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

millerchief

Kenwood TK-762HG Problem!

Post by millerchief »

Hi,

I have a VHF Kenwood TK-762HG that when I turn it on the channel LED shows a "U" instead of a number, and the MON and AUX light up, but it will not do anything else, no tx,rx, no channel up/down, no sound, NOTHING.

I tried to read it with computer and will not read ,error check connections!
I tried to force a codeplug into with no luck.

Does anyone have any idea what happened to it. I figured someone jumped a vehicle off and a voltage issue came into play.

Any help would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

millerchief@hotmail.com
millerchief

TK-762HG

Post by millerchief »

Some one told me at a Motorola Shop that it had a fried microprocessor, Can anyone confirm this, He then tried to sell me a Motorola Mobile to replace it with.
k2hz

Post by k2hz »

Your symptoms are consistent with a diagnosis of a fried microprocessor. If it did get hit with a voltage spike there may be other fried components also.

If it is not voltage spike damage, there are a few less serious possibilities like a microprocessor clock oscillator failure or no voltage to the microprocessor due to a regulator or other component failure that may cause some of the symptoms you described.

In any event, you are probably looking at repair costs that are more than the cost of a good used TK-762 on eBay.