TK 890 help

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

brisk13026

TK 890 help

Post by brisk13026 »

I recently bought a TK890 on our favorite auction site. One thing I didnt consider, it was part of a dual band set-up, the drawback is that it was radio #2. I attached a control head to try and clear the programming, but when I plugged it in, I heard the click but no power to the head. I am assuming its still programmed as radio 2, thus looking for power from 'radio 1' to turn on. I tried to apply power to the ignition sense to circumvent this ( I remember this trick worked on a 830 I once had with the same problem) but had the same result. Any suggestions? - ultimately I need to re-program in to a single band unit. Am I going to have to get this back into a dual band environment to re-program? or can I apply power somewhere just long enough to reprogram?
n5tbu

Post by n5tbu »

You could try putting voltave on the SB pin......I don't have a book in front of me at this time,so,not sure what pin #
mod
shorty604

Re: TK 890 help

Post by shorty604 »

Hi,

I got a TK-890H that was part of a dual band set up. It is also radio # 2. Did you have any luck with your radio?
If so what did you do to fix?
I just want the radio to power up so I can program it as a single remote head
Thanks for any info
Elighting

Re: TK 890 help

Post by Elighting »

I had a similar problem. I had a 890 that I needed to update the firmware in. In order to this you had to make the second radio a single band radio. To do this you must put back in 3 jumpers and 1 fuse. We can do this service for you for a small fee. We are a authorized Kenwood dealer and our tech has over 17 years experience. Just let me know. I will try to find which jumpers it is and let you know. The fuse is a micro fuse and is hard to solder in. Thank you.

Jordan.