how do i program a kenwood tk-230 ?

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

motogayzer

how do i program a kenwood tk-230 ?

Post by motogayzer »

I have a tk230 10 channel vhf and the same with a dtmf keypad on the front...Is the cable an easy build or is there an adapter from other programmers i could use? i have a johnson 8600 programmer and a vpl-1 cable for a vx400 / vx10 vertex..and a polaris pa2 ...anyone help me please gotta make use of these radio's or get rid of them, hate to do the latter scott
Andy Brinkley

Post by Andy Brinkley »

The TK-230 was programmed via the KPT-20 stand alone programmer or IBM PC software and a programming cable. If you have the factory DTMF pad with the display the radio can be key pad programmed.
Andy

--------------------------------------------------------------
NC Certified Firefighter III / EMT-A
FCC Licensed Technician / Amateur Call NC4AB
http://www.brinkleyelectronics.com
motogayzer

keypad on radio but......

Post by motogayzer »

it doesnt do anything after i get the writer on display..shorted pins 3,4 and 6 to get writer remove short and pressing the buttons does nothing plus the writting on the keypad is worn off....when turning on radio without program mode it enters the numbers as a keypad would but scan not working ..if programmed for scan ??? i have no idea ......scott

Andy Brinkley wrote:The TK-230 was programmed via the KPT-20 stand alone programmer or IBM PC software and a programming cable. If you have the factory DTMF pad with the display the radio can be key pad programmed.
ka7wnf

Post by ka7wnf »

I can send you some schematics for a programming cable I built if you want to try building it. You will need a mic connector and a few other inexpensive parts. PL
motogayzer

Re: 230

Post by motogayzer »

yes please send what you can i have 2 vhf tk230 radio's slowly turning into shelf orniments....i have the connector from a speaker/mike already ....scott

ka7wnf wrote:I can send you some schematics for a programming cable I built if you want to try building it. You will need a mic connector and a few other inexpensive parts. PL
ka7wnf

Post by ka7wnf »

PM me your email address and I'll send it to you. PL
ohgary
Site Supporter

Post by ohgary »

You can program some but not all functions from the DTMF pad. You can change freq but not label.
skipp025

Re: how do i program a kenwood tk-230 ?

Post by skipp025 »

If you don't find a programming adapter or are unable to make one, I can
program the radio. Email me direct for more information or if you have
questions.

cheers,
skipp
skipp025 at yahoo.com

[quote="motogayzer"]I have a tk230 10 channel vhf and the same with a dtmf keypad on the front...Is the cable an easy build or is there an adapter from other programmers i could use? i have a johnson 8600 programmer and a vpl-1 cable for a vx400 / vx10 vertex..and a polaris pa2 ...anyone help me please gotta make use of these radio's or get rid of them, hate to do the latter scott[/quote]