Having trouble setting up Fleetsync on 7160H.

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

Elighting

Having trouble setting up Fleetsync on 7160H.

Post by Elighting »

I am trying to setup Fleetsync on my 7160H and am having trouble.I want to have the data burst when I transmit.I can not that that.I have tried everything and it still won't work.I will be getting a 2180 soon and will set it up for Fleetsync as well.I do have the PTT release tone activated,will this cause the Fleetsync not to work?I have the PTT ID set to Fleetsync,the Fleet(own) set to 302 Fleet ID) 1000 and have the Opt signal set to Fleetsync,what else is there?Thank you.

Jordan,TCFD,VFD
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

Did you go into "Channel Edit" and set the "PTT ID" to BOT or EOT (or both)?

The "Optional Signal" box for each channel only sets up selective calling. In order to do PTT ID, you have to go to the main channel screen, hit "channel edit" and use the PTT ID dropdown box to enable it on a per channel basis.

Hope that helps.

It's very confusing because fleetsync is turned on in multiple places.
Elighting

Post by Elighting »

Meatball wrote:Did you go into "Channel Edit" and set the "PTT ID" to BOT or EOT (or both)?

The "Optional Signal" box for each channel only sets up selective calling. In order to do PTT ID, you have to go to the main channel screen, hit "channel edit" and use the PTT ID dropdown box to enable it on a per channel basis.

Hope that helps.

It's very confusing because fleetsync is turned on in multiple places.
Yes,that was the only thing I didn't have set.I set those and I get the data burst now.Thank you very much for the help.

Jordan,TCFD,VFD
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

No problem. I went through the same issue myself.
500e

Re: Having trouble setting up Fleetsync on 7160H.

Post by 500e »

Any of you had trouble with the TK 7\8162 TK 81\7180 5 tone log on\log of with the radio switching off then back on when vehicle is started the old TK 7\862 did not re set the radio every time it was started.
This is a real annoying problem we have a software package we wrote to log & decode the 5 tone and FS & every time you start the Vcl the radio switches off and on ( connected direct to battery direct with heavy cables) so you get multiple log on, on on the trunk system it again keeps registering a real pain it makes the system unusable as was envisioned.
The software says power on tone power off tone.
As this is a mobile radio operating in a vehicle you would expect a Co like Kenwood to have thought through the operation of a car\van as it is known that for about 150 Msec the stall voltage on the battery is as low as 5.7 volts, which the TK760\860 can cope with but not the newer model.
All we get from KW is the voltage should be 13.6 +- 15% not a lot of good if the above is the norm for all vehicles, They say that is how it is so this facility will not work, they will not explain why the older radios do not exhibit the symptoms,
The only way we have found t overcome this problem is an expensive 12\12 volt isolator\ converter, & guess who will have to pay for them.
So if you want to use some of the more interesting facilitys make sure you run the radio in a car with the full program in it before you commit to buying.