Kenwood LTR portable recommendation?

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

rayjk110

Kenwood LTR portable recommendation?

Post by rayjk110 »

The radio shop I am soon to be hired for (part time) owns and operates a rather large LTR UHF system (450-470).

Since the majority of the system portables and mobiles are all Kenwood, I'd like to take the plunge into their commercial equipment. I'm more familiar with Motorola radios than Kenwood, so I ask, what is considered a "good" UHF LTR portable?

I have owned the TK-380 before and was pleased with its performance, but would like to explore other paths.
n7maq

Re: Kenwood LTR portable recommendation?

Post by n7maq »

rayjk110 wrote:The radio shop I am soon to be hired for (part time) owns and operates a rather large LTR UHF system (450-470).

Since the majority of the system portables and mobiles are all Kenwood, I'd like to take the plunge into their commercial equipment. I'm more familiar with Motorola radios than Kenwood, so I ask, what is considered a "good" UHF LTR portable?

I have owned the TK-380 before and was pleased with its performance, but would like to explore other paths.

Look at the TK3180, or the new digital units (I don't recall the model #). Both work great, the digital unit lets you go that way when you need to. If you run Fleetsync the digital units will also mute the data.

Jim