Kenwood P25 Portables - TK-5210 & TK-5310

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

N3AAG

Kenwood P25 Portables - TK-5210 & TK-5310

Post by N3AAG »

Hi all!

Why absolutely no discussions about these fine made and looking portables?

Really any dpt. has not bought them instead of ubiquitous Motorola?

I know that TK-5210 is really available, but did not hear that someone owned TK-5310. It in general is available to purchase?

Anybody played with them? How they to you as a whole and particularly in P25 mode ?

???
KA5QWB

Re: Kenwood P25 Portables - TK-5210 & TK-5310

Post by KA5QWB »

Our county Emerg Services Office got several of the P25 kenwood radios and issued them to the FD. They worked great. Unfortunately no one has digital repeaters in our area yet and we haven't gotten to play with them on digital mode. I dont have mine in front of me but I think these are the ones you are talking about. Our dept just got a grant for a new P25 compliant communications system and had a big mix up on whether the repeater was digital or not since we stated in our grant that the system was 100% digital. To make a long story short we ended up with Vertec standard HT and a different brand repeater that works in analog or digital mode. also there are no pagers that work in digital mode so everyone got a new HT with an alert function. We are currently using HT's and awaiting for the tower to be put up for our new repeater so we can enjoy the new digital functions. Sorry to ramble on, just excited about our new toys. :grin:
N3AAG

Post by N3AAG »

Vertex-Standard instead of Kenwood? Strange choice in my opinion...
KA5QWB

Post by KA5QWB »

Ver Tec was more economical and it was go with ver tec or loose our grant. We havent got to use them on the digital repeater yet but otherwise they have worked quite well so far.
KA5QWB

Post by KA5QWB »

Sorry that is Vertex - standard, not Ver Tec. Duh! :o