8180 Signalling Decode & Outputs

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

crazyboy

8180 Signalling Decode & Outputs

Post by crazyboy »

God evening all. I have an 8180 that I have some questions about programming. The first pertains to the optional signalling. Is there a way to set the radio not to un-mute until it receives the specified optional signalling (ie dtmf)? Also, is there a way to set the optional signalling to activate one of the outputs on the db-25 port. I have been playing around on the software and it appears the the answer to both of these are no, but I was hoping someone with some more experience with the software would have better luck. Thanks in advance.
Elighting

Re: 8180 Signalling Decode & Outputs

Post by Elighting »

Not sure about the DB-25, but the way you set it up for DTMF decode involves a few different settings.

First go to DTMF settings and select decode. Put in the codes you want to decode.

The zone has to be set for QT/DQT and optional signalling under audio control in Zone edit.

Anything is this zone that has an optional signalling will work the same, even if you only use it for PTT ID. It would only alert if both the PL and the signalling are heard.

Then select your channel and add DTMF under the optional signalling.

If it works like the 2-tone, then this should only alert when you receive the correct DTMF codes.

I can't guarantee this as I don't have anything DTMF to test with.

Jordan
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

Elighting wrote:Not sure about the DB-25, but the way you set it up for DTMF decode involves a few different settings.

First go to DTMF settings and select decode. Put in the codes you want to decode.

The zone has to be set for QT/DQT and optional signalling under audio control in Zone edit.

Anything is this zone that has an optional signalling will work the same, even if you only use it for PTT ID. It would only alert if both the PL and the signalling are heard.

Then select your channel and add DTMF under the optional signalling.

If it works like the 2-tone, then this should only alert when you receive the correct DTMF codes.

I can't guarantee this as I don't have anything DTMF to test with.

Jordan
I had the one setting wrong in zone edit, thank you.
Elighting

Post by Elighting »

So once set up like this, it did work? I was basing my answer on the way 2-tone decode works, and was assuming it would work the same with DTMF. So I was correct.

Jordan.
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

I have not had a chance to load it into the radio, but on a saved file I had it set wrong. It makes sense logically, I will update the thread later on when I load it in the radio.