Firmware-PCConfig Decode

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

KMB

Firmware-PCConfig Decode

Post by KMB »

What is the version of PCC for Firmware of 1.16.9?
Thank you!
Intrinsically Safe

Re: Firmware-PCConfig Decode

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

PCC 1.26.0.4

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
KMB

Post by KMB »

Can I use PCC 1.24.0.8 and PCC 1.28.0.8?
Thank you!
:( :(
Intrinsically Safe

I would not. There is a file format difference between them all that will most certainly cause adverse side effects.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
KMB

Post by KMB »

Thank you for your reply.
Please check PM.
Thanks~~~
:D
KMB

Post by KMB »

Will the Firmware upgrade delete the functions in the radio, such as FPP?
Intrinsically Safe

NO
KMB

Post by KMB »

How long it take to upgrade the firmware?
What should I need to pay attention on it?
Thank you!
Intrinsically Safe

It takes around 15 minutes or so normally.
Like most companies, they come out with updates to introduce new features, enhance current ones, and more importantly fix bugs. I don't think EFJ is any different. I am a believer in keeping everything I own up to date. Others have a 'if ain't broke don't fix it mentality.' It is up to the user I guess.

I.S.
KMB

Post by KMB »

I just a "5100 Code Updater" of v 1.18.15.
It is my first time to deal with it so I got some problems:
1. What is "Boot" upgrade?
2. What is "Application" upgrade?
3. My EFJ is v 1.16.9, do I need to upgrade both in same time or one by one?
4. Will the parameters in all zones and channels are deleted?
5. This make me worry most, the instructions said that after complete upgrade, there is "Bad_F1_Fmt" showed on display, it said "read the file out of the radio with PCConfigure and write the file back in". Does it mean the just read the radio and then write the radio soon after the reading, there is no requires of setting the parameters in channels?

Thank you!
KMB
N3AAG

Post by N3AAG »

Intrinsically Safe,

What is the PCC verstion suitable for EFJ 5130-032 with 2.2.2 F/W?
Intrinsically Safe

2.2.2 would need PCC 1.21.2.11

I.S.
N3AAG

Post by N3AAG »

Intrinsically Safe wrote:2.2.2 would need PCC 1.21.2.11

I.S.
Only this one, not greater? I own PC Configure 01.22.00.04.
Intrinsically Safe

My guess is that you'd be OK with 1.22.0.4, but we are talking about 4 yr old software. I don't think there were major file format changes between the two, but I could be wrong.

I.S.
Intrinsically Safe

KMB wrote:I just a "5100 Code Updater" of v 1.18.15.
It is my first time to deal with it so I got some problems:
1. What is "Boot" upgrade?
2. What is "Application" upgrade?
3. My EFJ is v 1.16.9, do I need to upgrade both in same time or one by one?
4. Will the parameters in all zones and channels are deleted?
5. This make me worry most, the instructions said that after complete upgrade, there is "Bad_F1_Fmt" showed on display, it said "read the file out of the radio with PCConfigure and write the file back in". Does it mean the just read the radio and then write the radio soon after the reading, there is no requires of setting the parameters in channels?

Thank you!
KMB
There are 2 firmwares installed in the radio, a Boot code and an Application Code. It is similar to the BIOS and your OS on your home computer.
Do the Boot first, then the application.
The upgrade will not affect the current programming (unless there was a file format change, then all you'd need to do to correct is to read, then write with the correct version of PCC to correct it). The upgrade will not affect any options in the radio either (e.g. OTAR, Keypad programming, etc...)

I.S.