NEED program info for GE/RANGR

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
Medi217

NEED program info for GE/RANGR

Post by Medi217 »

Can anyone tell me where to find the software to upgrade a GE/RANGR from the standard 16gr/sys to 128gr/sys also prosound and wide area scan software...Thanks for your help
vcaruso

Post by vcaruso »

have you tried http://www.radtek.ws ?
Medi217

Post by Medi217 »

Yeah I called myself looking but I am not quite sure that what I need is listed....unless it is combined with other software.... I am assuming that what I need is a single program for each application.
n_zero_ndp

Re: NEED program info for GE/RANGR

Post by n_zero_ndp »

Medi217 wrote:Can anyone tell me where to find the software to upgrade a GE/RANGR from the standard 16gr/sys to 128gr/sys also prosound and wide area scan software...Thanks for your help
I've never seen an EDACS RANGR that would not do 128 sys/grp...
I suppose you need a firmware upgrade (not flashable, but an IC replacement). Don't think the RANGR was ever prosound and wide area scan capable - don't think prosound came along until the ORION/MRK/LPE.

-------------------------------------------------------
EDACS - Every Day Another Customer Screams
jim202

Re: NEED program info for GE/RANGR

Post by jim202 »

I may be barking up the wrong tree here, but a simple question. Is the radio a Ranger or an EDCA Ranger? The age is important here. If it is one of the old Rangers, then this is all done in the control head. Like the S950 or S990 control head.

If you have the older version of the Ranger and have the S950 series head, the normal radio will only do 16 channels per mode. There was a mod to add a second EEPROM to the radio to make it have 32 channels.

I may have confused the issue here, but us old time GE people still have some of the antiques around.

Jim