OUT OF BAND ON ORIONS

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
metro121

Post by metro121 »

I am leaning in the direction of the RSS as far as the problem goes.

If I can use the Orion DOS version to program the radio out of band , then it would have to be something in the Edacs 3 and 4 that tells the RSS to not complete the task when it gets to the programming point where it starts to download the frequencies.

I had gone into the BIN, TRK, and ENC files , also the radio firmware itself to change the band splits and I still ended up with the incompletion.
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

It's a matter of finding and editing the softwares bandsplit table or database. It was easily found and edited in the DOS software. I'm still working on the Windows software, although it's becoming quite the project.

For ha ha's I tried a decompiler to see if I could get the source code... Boy oh boy... what a flippin disaster.

Unfortunately with Dayton coming up, some work stuff and a few other home projects brewing I've barely had enough time for some of my radio stuff.
JAYMZ
rescue161

Post by rescue161 »

What string do you modify to get the checksum back to the original? I know it needs to be a text file that will not be used, or not used that often, but I have no idea what to look for...
Scott