Ef Johnson ver 6 swapping housing parts

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

j+1

Ef Johnson ver 6 swapping housing parts

Post by j+1 »

Has anyone turned a model 2 housing into a model 3 by adding the keypad to the model 2 housing?

I have always just re banded a radio I turned into a model 3. Never actually took apart a model 3 housing.

I have a orange model 2 and want / need the dtmf keypad. I have a donor black model 3 housing and if I can transfer the keypad to the orange model that would be sick.

Hopefully there are still active users here who still enjoy the ascend, ES series. I currently own 5. From uhfL Fed, uhfh lapd, and many 7/800 series and 1 version 2 uhfl
Intrinsically Safe

Re: Ef Johnson ver 6 swapping housing parts

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

You can add the keypad but you'll need purchase/turn on the Full keypad option for it operate as a model III.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.