GE Ranger 150 Programing Question

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
kb0ymn

GE Ranger 150 Programing Question

Post by kb0ymn »

I just got the above radio and have tried to program it but the problem I am running into is when I try to read the radio it keeps asking for a name or password for the file in the radio to access it. I do not know the name or code and the person that I got it from does not know it either. Is there a way around this or to reset it so that it can be programmed? Thanks
n9llo

Post by n9llo »

It sounds like you are trying to LOAD a saved file rather then READ tha radio.

Chris
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

You don't have to read that radio before you program it (unlike most /\/\ radios). Just build a new personality & program it up.....
kb0ymn

Post by kb0ymn »

ok I have a copy of the software but had borrowed a cable about two months ago and do not know if the busniess will allow me to borrow again (friend lent to me without his boss knowing) so I am wondering if anyone knows where I can pick up one reasonable. Thanks
kc4sbj

Post by kc4sbj »

i agree chris it sound like a read programm when you read a 2212 chip it will ask you for a file name. It asking for a name of the read and the file to put it in such as we can say you have read the 2212 it will ask you for a file name ok les name the file "chris" on the rangr it would be "chris.rgr" so when you want to or dont remember what freq. you have put into the radio you can bring up the programming and look for the file "chris.rgr" and see what freq. you have put into the radio. if you can't get it to programm send it to me and i will programm it for you "kc4sbj@ev1.net" It shouldn't ask you for a password i used the niles programming some of your GE programming willn't let you programm ham FREQ in some radios the niles will ! The Ge programming you can reconfig it and make it work "not on all GE programming" but i have found it is easy to used the niles programming and if you want a copy of it i will give it to you. the niles will work with a lot of GE radios. On the GE programming it will ask you for the file name before you read it. now it may ask you for a password for a close file
also try paltalk: user name is Allen_n_dallas
kc4sbj

Post by kc4sbj »

I agree ken but it is best to read the chip before and after if you want to save the program that is in it and to be sure that it did programm. just because you have program the chip don't mean it took it you could have a bad chip so it is best to read the chip before and after
also try paltalk: user name is Allen_n_dallas