LPE-200 Provoice

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
2wayfreq

LPE-200 Provoice

Post by 2wayfreq »

I wanted to confirm something. Does the LPE-200 come with ProVoice "Built In"? Or is this an option. I want to see if I have it. I have flash- P1R06D00, DSP RAM k1r03a01, PRS ver 23.00,HSD rate 9.6k,eepr 2k ram siz 128k, flsh 512K.

Thanks
drgensel

Post by drgensel »

It's an option, better known as Option 29. If the radio doesnt have Option 29, it doesnt have ProVoice. FYI, from Ma/Com, it's roughly a $700 option.
2wayfreq

Post by 2wayfreq »

OK,
So, how do I tell on this one?
drgensel

Post by drgensel »

How do you tell if you have it or not? In the menu, look for "Features", arrow down until you find the numbers...IE 04 05 25 29....those are the features installed.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.p ... pic&t=2747
2wayfreq

Post by 2wayfreq »

I Added the "Features" item from the programmer it wasnt in there. Crud!! I dont have 29! I have 04,23,24. Oh well, Maybe I can get it upgraded later.
chrisjz

Post by chrisjz »

Yes you can upgrade it later if the LPE has been manufactured after 1998. If it has not, than the flash will not be large enough to hold the new DSP for ProVoice.
TrunkerMan

Post by TrunkerMan »

Be careful .. as people are using feature strings to display that the radios do contain feature 29 and the radio isnt capable of provoice. (selling them on ebay and getting higher dollars pretending they are provoice radios) I wouldnt say that having the feature is a sure way that it will do provoice. I would look at the flash size .. it has to be 1 meg AND C56 DSP chip AND the feature string.

One of my friends fell victim to this scam ... but was able to return the radio when he threatened to take it to ebay.

Trunkerman 8)
MatteBlack

Post by MatteBlack »

I can confirm that there are LPE-200s on Ebay that SAY they have 29 when you display their feature string, but in fact DO NOT HAVE provoice. I found this out the hard way, when I bought a radio that claimed to have provoice, but did not have the hardware to actually run it even if I had wanted to buy the option from Macom.
TrunkerMan wrote:Be careful .. as people are using feature strings to display that the radios do contain feature 29 and the radio isnt capable of provoice. (selling them on ebay and getting higher dollars pretending they are provoice radios) I wouldnt say that having the feature is a sure way that it will do provoice. I would look at the flash size .. it has to be 1 meg AND C56 DSP chip AND the feature string.

One of my friends fell victim to this scam ... but was able to return the radio when he threatened to take it to ebay.

Trunkerman 8)
the_muddy_mudskipper

Post by the_muddy_mudskipper »

MatteBlack wrote:I can confirm that there are LPE-200s on Ebay that SAY they have 29 when you display their feature string, but in fact DO NOT HAVE provoice. I found this out the hard way, when I bought a radio that claimed to have provoice, but did not have the hardware to actually run it even if I had wanted to buy the option from Macom.
ruh roh - was that the "DIGVERR" one?

i ALMOST snagged that one on ebay, but had some suspicions...
TrunkerMan

Provoice ..

Post by TrunkerMan »

Just my thoughts on what you have displayed. You have 512k Flash size .. which is not enough for PV. Thus as far as I know it CANNOT be upgraded to ProVoice even if you wanted to. Maybe someone can confirm this for us ? You need a 1 Meg flash size .. which you don't have.

Trunkerman