Encryption Type

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
TrunkerMan

Encryption Type

Post by TrunkerMan »

I would like to enable my radio (LPE200) to do some testing. I want to do PV with DES. The only problem it that the encryption type control is locked and greyed out. The radio has features .. 4 5 6 7 8 12 13 14 16 17 23 24 29

Doesn't 14 allow DES operation ... ?

The control shows NON 1027 by default and I cannot change it. But according to the help it should be FS 1027 for portables.

Can someone let me know how to set this up for PV with DES ...
(Programmer ver 13A)

Thanks
Trunkerman
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

do you actually have a des key loaded into it?
my best guess is you probably can't mess with encryption settings until an actual key is loaded into it...

i would assume the key was dumped before you got the radio if you are not the original owner.
TrunkerMan

Post by TrunkerMan »

No .. there is no key loaded. Its like what came first the chicken or the egg .. I dont know if one is causing trouble for the other.
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

TrunkerMan wrote:No .. there is no key loaded. Its like what came first the chicken or the egg .. I dont know if one is causing trouble for the other.
if you don't have a DES keyloader, you might never find your answer... gotta have a key loaded to ever test it out anyhow.
TrunkerMan

Post by TrunkerMan »

No I dont have a keyloader as they are restricted apparently. I am just curious about how these things work .. as maybe someday I would like to change careers to do more radio type work.

Guess I will never learn by doing in this case .. but the courses on this stuff is so expensive. Maybe sometime in the future ..

Trunkerman
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

i've seen the keyloaders for sale on e-bay & maybe even on this board...

mighty pricey little toys...

here's a link to some more keyloader info:
http://hallelectronics.com/getech/ck1.htm
TrunkerMan

Post by TrunkerMan »

I have no real need for a keyloader but thanks for the information. I regularly check Ebay for Edacs stuff so maybe if someone has one for like $ 20 maybe I would buy one. Im in the market for an Orion soon though .. so maybe I will find a good deal.

Thanks
Kevin