Kenwood TK-880

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

KD4MZM

Kenwood TK-880

Post by KD4MZM »

Hello All,
Just wondering on where to get the software and how much for the Kenwood TK-880 radios. Also what about the lockout codes. I got a guy that will give me two of these radios, but he says they are no good as they have a lockout code in them to prevent someone from reprogramming them unless you are the first programmer? Anyone know about this. Also, how well do these radios work in the 440 ham band?
Thanks in advance.
Eric...KD4MZM...
Splat

Post by Splat »

They may not know about the 440MHz question, but I think you should call your local Kenwood dealer for info. According to Kenwood's site you can call Secom Systems, 5255 Triangle Pkwy Suite 670, Norcross, GA 30092, @ 800-252-4120 or 770-453-9411 and they may be able to find a dealer closer to you. There's always the phone book under radio communications.
Boomer740

Post by Boomer740 »

Regards 440 operations the 880 *may* work in the high end of the amateur band, but don't count on it. I've got one in my service truck with some ham frequencies programmed in it, the one's that transmit below about 446.5 don't work. I haven't had the time to attempt a retune.

As to the programming, I'm unfamiliar with "lockout codes". I've not programmed many of these 880s, perhaps a dozen or so, as my operation much prefers the 380 portable. But I don't recall seeing anything about "lockout" in any of the programming screens I've come across. Could your guy maybe be referring to passworded access to the software itself?

Paul