vx-900v

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
azFIREguy

vx-900v

Post by azFIREguy »

I got a new vx-900v for my birthday and have never programmed a vertex before and I have the ce39 program and right cables for it. Here's the question, does this radio have to be put into programming mode before any thing will read or write? I get a screen that tells me to turn off the radio and turn it back on and I still get nothing. Can somebody lend me a hand in understanding this?

TIA
Duane
Sex at age 90 is like trying to shoot pool with a rope
RadioTweester

Post by RadioTweester »

Just some thougts. Hope they help.

Have you been using the "upload" feature to get info from the radio and "download" to program to the radio?

Is the Com port set up to the correct/active port?

Try leaving the radio off, click upload or download, wait for the "turn on" popup to appear, wait 1 second, then turn on the radio on.
azFIREguy

Post by azFIREguy »

I do have the com port setting rite and the laptop works just fine on all of my circle M radios. I am using the upload to read the radio. I have programmed tons of motorola and kenwood's but this thing has me stumped.
Nittfo

Post by Nittfo »

I've had to use a little bit of everything to program the vertex lineup. I still use an IBM Thinkpad 350C for the dinosaurs, a Toshiba Satellite Pro and a new Dell running XP. For my VX-600, the Toshiba running Windows 95, CE39, and the black VPL-1 cable works for me...see this site:http://www.rfwiz.com/RadioProgramming.htm
azFIREguy

Post by azFIREguy »

well I looked at the site and, I do have a black cable and everything else it says I have done. I have now tried version 1.06 on it and have now got the display to say " ext mic " and then it starts flashing --------- across the screen and then starts a beeping. but still no uploading or downloading.
Libuff

Post by Libuff »

i had a problem with a FTL7011 once.. i fried two of them utilizing a Pentium computer, i purchased a 386 based 15Mhz PC, and it worked great... fixed the fried radios too...
SPG

Post by SPG »

One thing is you have to activate channels and groups. I was pulling my hair out till I remembered :eeek: SPG