MPA Programming/flashing

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
willbartlett
Administrator

MPA Programming/flashing

Post by willbartlett »

Well, I got the MPA with a 19D903081G1 controller programmed using a max233cpp and a sn74ls04 hex inverter with a 7805 regulator on the battery supply from the radio. In reviewing the controller schematic, there are a couple of hex inverters within the radio, apparently fo no other purpose than to require the use of a factory programmer. I am tempted to bypass these sometime just to verify, but that's a project for another time. in the meantime, I'm moving on to adding the flash voltage circutry, to attempt a hamflash of a 19D902628G1 board. If you have any thoughts on this process, I'd appreiate hearing them. If I am successful in flashing this radio, I'll create a schematic and forward it to vcaruso for the radtek site. If it's unsuccessful, I'l just draw up the personality programmer in schematic and forward it along.

Also, My 628 controller flashed all all segments, until I removed the backup battery, now it displays LOCKED, followed by PERS ERR. Any attempts to read this radio are unsuccessful, any attempts to create and program a personality seem to allow the personality to be programmed, but not verified. Any thoughts?
avfd719

programming the uh... radio mpa

Post by avfd719 »

:beer: try to program it with other software..... like edacs 4
willbartlett
Administrator

Already got it, thanks tho....

Post by willbartlett »

Actually, I got it unlocked using edacs3, Found it to annoying and hamflashed it.

Thanks, Will