LPE-200 Programming - Trunked

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
rescue161

LPE-200 Programming - Trunked

Post by rescue161 »

I'm trying to program an LPE-200 for receive only on a trunked system, but can't even access the P25 screens in Programmer (all of the P25 stuff is shaded out).

I know the radios will TX Provoice as it has some simplex channels in it. I also see Option 29 listed in the Options screen.

When I try to add a new system, the only options that are not shaded out are "Conventional" and "EDACS".

Is there a reason that I can't seem to access the screens that I need? Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
Scott
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

The LPE-200 is not a P25 radio. Even though ProGrammer has P25 tabs, only certain models are able to operate in P25 mode (the P7100 and M7100). The LPE will only do EDACS and analog conventional.
rescue161

Post by rescue161 »

So the Digital that I'm transmitting is not P25? Is it Provoice?
Scott
1 ADAM 12

LPE

Post by 1 ADAM 12 »

The LPE could be transmitting in either Aegis or Provoice, but the above post is correct in that the newer radios or a recently upgraded unit would be the only ones capable of CAI & P25
rescue161

Post by rescue161 »

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.p ... B&sid=3398

So will I be able to hear this system with my LPE-200?
Scott
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

Well, your link says the system is running ProVoice. If your LPE is enabled to do ProVoice, you should be able to hear it. Again, though, the radio has to come from M/A-COM with that feature enabled. M/A-COM radios come from the factory with options that are enabled through a "feature encryption" string that's tied to the radio's ESN.

If the radio has the ProVoice ProVoice option, and the agency is not using encryption, you should be able to listen. You will need to configure the digital voice options in the radio's personality.
rescue161

Post by rescue161 »

So do I just access the EDACS screen and select the channel as "Non-Encrypted"? It has Option 29 enabled and is transmitting digital on a conventional channel, so I know the Provoice option is working.
Scott
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

I think that will do it. I don't have the software in front of me, but you should be able to select "Provoice" under the system screen as the vocoder, and then on each talkgroup, you have a choice of analog, "forced on," and "switchable" (or something like that). You can either force the digital on per talkgroup, or if you leave it switchable, you'll need to define one of the keys to switch from digital to analog.

I'll double-check the Programmer screens tomorrow when I'm back in the shop.

MA-COM ProGrammer has a nasty habit of requiring you to enable 5 different things on 5 different submenus, and I never can remember all of them unless I'm looking at the program. :P
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

1. SYSTEMS > SYSTEM SETUP > EDACS

Set Private Voice Options

Vocoder=AEGIS
ICALL/PHONE VOICE MODE=Unencrypted
Key Bank=Disable

2. SETS > GROUP SETS > EDACS

For each group, under Group Options, Voice mode, select UNENCRYPTED.

3. OPTIONS > DIGITAL VOICE OPTIONS >Encryption > "Forced On" (AffectsTX Only. Radio will always receive analog or digital transmissions on any talkgroup)
rescue161

Post by rescue161 »

Cool, thank you. I won't find out if I got the programming right until I get to TX.
Scott