Jaguar 700Pi scan question

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
r0f

Jaguar 700Pi scan question

Post by r0f »

Hi all,

When one enables ProScan in the 700Pi System/EDACS menu, does this cause the radio to affiliate on a site, similar to how a radio behaves when configured for Motorola SmartZone trunking?

One option in the Group Sets/EDACS menu allows for disabled (inhibited) transmit on a per-talkgroup basis. Does this also prevent the radio from affiliating, if monioring a ProScan-enabled system?

Some newbie questions most likely, but they're not covered in the HELP menu in Programmer, and I can't find the answers anywhere else.

Thanks

P.S. Anyone have 700Pi service manuals? As another poster said, the links are dead.
mrk

Re: Jaguar 700Pi scan question

Post by mrk »

M/A-Com’s version of “Auto Affiliate” it termed Auto Login, which is a global feature. As long as Auto Login is unchecked, and transmit is unchecked on all your TG’s, the radio should not transmit anything. If someone else who is intimately familiar with ProGrammer could confirm, I’m far from and expert in regards to this software, but that is how I set up my radio.
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

got a few helpful pdf files here...
get them before the link is DEAD :-?

http://home.kc.rr.com/n0ndp/manuals/
r0f

Post by r0f »

Thank you both for the information and resources.

I haven't even had a chance yet to test this 700P out. The system I want to monitor with it is a 2-hour flight away. I may be moving soon, so I picked it up/programmed it in advance of this decision :)

I owe you both.

r0f
mrk

Post by mrk »

n_zero_ndp wrote:got a few helpful pdf files here...

Thanks for that link! I love getting this kind of information. Feels like Christmas morning!
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

n_zero_ndp wrote:got a few helpful pdf files here...

sorry the link only has 1 pdf file in it.
I can only store 5 megs there and that is nearly worthless......
JungleJim

Post by JungleJim »

Uncheck the Auto Login on the Power Up options menu. If you have a talk group set to not transmit but the auto login is on, the radio will login, you just can't PTT.