VXR-9000 to UHF Ham Band

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
resqjonny

VXR-9000 to UHF Ham Band

Post by resqjonny »

i'm planning on putting up a couple new ham repeaters, one on VHF and one on UHF. I've pretty well decided on the VXR-9000 repeaters 'cause they have a good bang for the buck. i've got the software for them and it takes frequencies below 150mHz (2 meter) with no problem....but i got a problem with UHF ham frequencies...the software gives me an error and won't let me enter any frequency below 450mHz.

so, does anyone know a way to get a UHF VXR-9000 down below 450mHz? i have the current version of the software (runs in windows). is this a case where the older DOS software (if it exists) is what i want because its less restricted and will take the ham freqs?

i have been looking around a bit and found some info on doing this same thing to the VXR-7000 via the DOS software. it requires accessing the "dealer" functions of the software by launching it as CE27 -d
there is a dealer menu in the CE-60 (VXR-9000) software, but all of the options in it are greyed out.
so...another question...does anyone know how to access the dealer menu in the vertex software?

thanks
-jonathan
n2rld

Re: VXR-9000 to UHF Ham Band

Post by n2rld »

send me an E-mail and I will tell you how to do it

Karln2rld@verizon.net
redbird

Post by redbird »

Is there a dealer menu for the VX5500V to allow programming in the 144-148 range?
n2rld

Post by n2rld »

ok I am getting too many e-mails asking me to tell them how to hack the software and when I tell them they Either don't know how to use a Hex Editor, or can not find it because they don't know hexadecimal and don't know what to look for, then they send me the software for me to hack for them. And its not just the VXR-9000 its all kinds of other radios mobile and portables.

So here goes, everyone looking to hack radio software should look at the page ( http://batlabs.com/wincps.html ) on BatLabs web site. And read about hacking radio software Also learn everything you can about using your Hex Editor and all the sub parts of the program.

In some software the band splits are in the the main program ( The .EXE file ) and others are in a sub file. the VXR-9000 band splits are in the file
CE60uhfd.C60
in some software you search for your the offsets in Intel unsigned long format
But in this software and some others you search in Motorola format
so you first use the Base Converter to convert 450000000 to hex 1AD27480 and you look for that in the CE60uhfd.C60 file and you will find 8 offsets where the band split you want to change are located. then use the Base Converter to figure out what you want to change it to and over write the 8 places with the new hex and save the file. if you did everything right you should be able to input Freq's to want you lowered the band split too.

Good luck every one

Karl N2RLD

http://batlabs.com/wincps.html
ve1bxk

Post by ve1bxk »

Send me your email, I have the file ready to go 400.000 - 512.000! :grin:

Lorne VE1BXK

mailto:ve1bxk@ns.sympatico.ca
stephensworld

Post by stephensworld »

Hi,

I have a VXR-9000 UHF. But I don't get it running in the UHF Ham Band (430-440).
The frequencies should be RX 431.350 and TX 438.950.
The TX Unit works fine. But the problem is in the RX unit. The lowest frequency I can program is 435.400 MHz. If I set the RX QRG any lower, the receiver doesn't receive any signals.

I hope anybody can help me.

Thank you very much.

Stephan
ve1bxk

Post by ve1bxk »

You have to go into dealer mode (-d ) and goto the alignment section tweak the RX TUNE lowest to highest frequency range and then write to it.
If you want, send me an email and I will create a code file for your frequency.

73, Lorne
VE1BXK
SteveWrightNZ

Post by SteveWrightNZ »

Does anyone know if the UHF-low 400-430MHz can be programmed for the 434-439MHz Amateur range?

Many thanks,
Steve