mpa question

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
jhook

mpa question

Post by jhook »

not sure if this can be done but thought here would be a good place to ask. i have a system radio thats set up to work on the edac's province wide trunking system here . mind you the lid number is only for a small company which i belonged to at one time (very boring) i was wondering is it possable to say ham flash it or just open the trunking system to have it moniter the complete system not limiting it to just one group ? thank's Jhook
chrisjz

Post by chrisjz »

No, not possible. Your only option would be to re-program the radio with other active GID's. Of coarse you must program it so you can't transmit on the system as that would be illegal if you are not an authorized user.
jhook

Post by jhook »

thank's for the info yes i wouldn't want to transmit just recieve next question is if a person ham flashed it would be field programmable ? and could it still do trunked personality's once it was converted thank's Jhook
chrisjz

Post by chrisjz »

No, the hamflash will not allow you to have trunking capability or many other features that you would normally have. The only way to program a trunked system is with M/A-COM programming software.
jhook

Post by jhook »

thank's bud have a great day