Thales 25 Remote Commands?

This is a forum to discuss Thales / Racal radios such as the Thales Liberty, T25, PRC-148.
W0VNE

Thales 25 Remote Commands?

Post by W0VNE »

I wrote some software using two of the 40 Thales 25 Remote commands (That I know of) so I could fine tune the Radio's transmit (and recv) frequemcy while dialing the many power setting so as not to set aflame my frequency counter. I know of a command that reloads the hardware calibration. I am thinking that I'm simply not aware of the commands (Other then /XT that shifts the reference oscillator table. Maybe they were never made public or are some obscure post someone made 14 years ago. AT some point commands were used to tweak the receiver but was that ever public (Probably part of some inside program they used when building the radios. On the off change anyone does know any other commands that alter the hardware calibration table? It would be most appreciated. And No - I'm not asking for any Thales software I know that is not kosher.

I'm really having fun with these radios after reverse engineering the communications between the radio and a working original Thales LitIon battery and even more so since I'm using 3 5,000mAh 21700 batteries.
W0VNE

Re: Thales 25 Remote Commands?

Post by W0VNE »

Just an update I've got the Thales Remote Commands Doc No. 1900390 Rev 0201 Dated August 15, 2003 - I'm looking for this document that might have additional commands or some information on the format of /CAL hardware calibration data. *Or the APCO25 PC program that is used to align the Thales Racal 25 radio on the test stand they document in the Racal User's Manual Racal 25 Test Interface Box Part Number 84343, Rev A from 10 November 2000. Or (I think) As mentioned in a document titled Level II Automatic Test Equipment Procedure for the Transceiver Circuit Card Assembly P/N 4101255-501 using Test Fixture P/N 4800160 used in the Racal 25 Radio which has a Dec 1998 date.