MPA out of band?

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
NodrogCop

MPA out of band?

Post by NodrogCop »

Anyone know how easy it is to go out of band with an MPA? A colleague just got one and would like to take a UHF down to 440 for ham use. I also have a person asking me, as I have a 450-470 I'm trying to get to a good home.

Thanks.

Gordon
2wayguru

Post by 2wayguru »

The process is easy, remove the RF deck on the MPA, then once you have done that, Remove the Shield off of the RF deck. Look to the lower left of the RF deck and you will see a screw pot in there. The hole in the screw is square. That should be your TX VCO adjustment. To the right of that should be your RX VCO. Tune those 1/8th of a turn clockwise, DO NOT put the shield back on yet. Place the RF deck back on the radio, DO NOT screw it back on yet. Put the battery on and power up the radio. IF your VCO is still not locking, remove the RF Deck again and repeat the process. Once you have tuned the VCO properly into the hamband, place the shield back on the RF deck and put the 2 halves back together again and screw back down. Emal me or PM me and I can take pics of the Sections you need to tune. Also if you do no have a PLASTIC tuning tool, DO NOT USE METAL. get a box of wooden matches. Shave the wood down slighly to the square point will fit in the screw, and use that to make your adjustments. . If the VCOs do not lock down where the did before, change the screw direction to counter clockwise... Hope this helps......
Twowayguru
Certified Motorola Service Technician, Centracom Technician and Mobile Data Technician.